Sunday, December 26, 2010

God Given Talent

 
This year Darrell and I made gifts for our family for Christmas.  Of course my craft included lot's of pictures and mod podge glue!  I made a collage of 2010 wallet sized pictures on a 10X20 canvas. I forgot to take a picture of the pictures...I'm bummed!  LOL!

Darrell dove into his new hobby of woodworking.  He made some beautiful crosses, each one unique in it's own way.  Little by little Darrell is learning and becoming more confident in expressing his creative juices.
 He has set up our garage as a shop and it works well.  He is working on a quilt rack for my mom.  No doubt it will be beautiful when its complete. 

While Dad was busy woodworking the kids and I were involved in a special project of our own.
 Leading up to Christmas Eve Ashlee and I were blessed to be a part of the Kids Crazy Christmas Show at our church.  Sydney and James hung out with the other cast members kids and pretty much made the church their backyard for a few weeks. After many practices throughout Decemcer we put on 15 performances, reaching thousands of children and families with the story of Jesus' birth. 
The cast became great friends after so many weeks together and by the end it was a bitter sweet feeling.  God gave us this wonderful talented cast to bring smiles and light to so many and what an awesome opportunity it was! 

1 comment:

Muffyjo said...

What an Awesome Christmas Story. I love your Creative Juices Shelly. Blessings to You and Your Family and May all Your Christmas's be Bright..

Great Pics of Y'all. Hope we can visit soon! Aunt Cheryl & Uncle Ron

ღ.*´`❤ஜ♥ LOVE GIVES, LOVE HEALS, LOVE CURES ALL SORROW AND PAIN ♥ஜ❤´`*.ღ LOVE MAKES US WHOLE AGAIN!♥ஜ❤´`*.ღ