Monday, February 14, 2011

My Sweet Valentine!

Love is knowing all about someone, and still wanting to be with them more than any other person. Love is trusting them enough to tell them everything about yourself, including the things you might be ashamed of.  Love is feeling comfortable and safe with someone, but still getting weak knees when they walk into a room and smile at you.  Happy Valentine's Day to the man of my dreams.  I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you!
We celebrated the special occasion together with our friends at our church dinner and play.  Johnny Carino's catered our delicious meal while we watched a hilarious musical highlighting "Love Through the Ages"  I could not stop laughing at the cavemen, Renaissance people, Flapper's, and even ELVIS!  Even Darrell tapped his foot through most of it.  All the actors/actresses were volunteers from Second Baptist.  Impressive! 
 
Dear Love of my life,

You are more beautiful than a hill full of spring time bluebonnets in central Texas.

You're personality is sweeter than a favorite jelly bean.

You have given your heart to God and you lean on Him for He can give you things that I can't.

But still I am more blessed than many men.

Our beautiful and wonderful family is worth more than anything we could ever pursue in this life.

Let's go stronger as we pursue God and all that comes with His masterful plan.

I Love You my wonderful jewel.

Darrell

3 comments:

Leslianne said...

You are BEAUTIFUL!! We love you guys!

Leslianne said...

what a guy!!!!! love the poem, so sweet. you guys are awesome!

Muffyjo said...

It Makes My Heart Sing with Joy when I read of Your Love for Each Other that is Surrounded by the Love of God. Blessings to You and Your Family. I just know you had a Wonderful Valentine's Day, and May there be Many More to Share. Love You All, Aunt Cheryl