Tuesday, February 1, 2011

James' Big Boy Room

James is a big boy now... 3 1/2 years old!  He is too big for his baby jungle themed room decor.  So when I found out that Mrs. Christie (James' teacher) was going to have a baby, I thought  of how nice it would be to hammy James' sweet things down to her AND perfect opportunity to upgrade to a big boy room for James.  

James' perference was blue and orange.  I thought at first that I would do blue curtains and bedding with orange, blue, green dinosaurs painted on his wall.  However, after I started looking around I came across this fun blue/orange sports comforter.  James loves sports and balls.  Perfect! Everything else just fell into place.  He has a brown wood ceiling fan, wood curtain rod and curtains to match his wood head board and trash can. 

I picked up a couple of pillow balls to finish it off.  James fell in love with it as soon as he saw it!  I was a little nervous about taking the side rail off, but James was ready.  He hasn't fallen out yet (going on day 4) and he feels like such a big boy... excited to climb into his bed!  Bedtime is a little easier these days. :)

No comments: