Saturday, March 13, 2010

Happy 12th Birthday Ashlee!

"Promise me you will stay my baby forever!"  "Mommy I never grow up!  I stay Mommy's baby!" 

I can remember this conversation with Ashlee like it was yesterday.  But on February 24th we celebrated her 12th birthday.  WOW!  I can't believe how she has grown.  I am so very proud of the young lady she is becoming.  She is a precious child from God and I feel so incredibly blessed to be her mom!

We began her party at the roller rink in town with her best of friends, Tori and Jessica, as well as Sydney, James, Dad, and me.  They had a blast!  They all kept count of how many falls...Jessica being the winner at 46 times.  Sydney was a little shaky at first but with a little help and encouragement she was skating like a pro!  Go Sydney! 

After we finished skating, we went home and waited for the incredibly huge party pizza from New York Pizzeria.  Aunt Susan and Cousin Alyssa were able to come join us after Alyssa's volleyball tournament. While we waited, the girls watched Journey to the Center of the Earth and painted their wooden initials.  I am impressed with their creativity!

After we ate and sang Happy Birthday with Ashlee's cake it was time to open presents.  Thank you to Gma and Papa for the Chuck Taylor Converse and sweater.  Also thank you to Grandma and Grandpa Higgins for the clothes and Alyssa and Aunt Susan for the Bolt movie.  Ashlee also was excited about all the gifts she got from her friends.  From Mom, Dad, Sydney and James she got an IPOD Touch.  I think my ears are still ringing from the high pitch scream that she let out.  She has been wanting one for a long time...and actually saved up half the money herself.

"Promise me you will stay my baby forever!"  "Mommy I never grow up! I stay Mommy's baby!"  Yes, you will Ashlee...you'll always be my baby!


I have attached a smilebox of all the memories from the party.  Enjoy!
Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Ashlee's 12th Birthday!
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Another photo slideshow by Smilebox

No comments: