Monday, July 15, 2013

You're Only As Old As You Feel

We celebrated a couple of big birthdays this past Spring. Sydney Marie turned 12 and Shelly Ruth turned the big 4-0.

Sydney decided she wanted to spend a fun 24 hours with her Besties.  We ordered pizza, ate cake and ice cream and played in the rain!  Now if you didn't know, Sydney has a lightning phobia. She literally will hide in a room with no windows until a storm passes by. But somehow, someway her friends Amy and Rachel were able to coax her outside to have some birthday giggles.

This year was a biggie for me as I am now officially "over the hill."
 
Although I don't FEEL old by any means. I think I'm in better shape in my 40's than I was in my 30's or even 20's. Wait... I KNOW I am.

My new found hobby and passion for running has helped me and for the first time in my life I LIKE getting healthy. It's not a chore...hmmmm!!! Wow, what a 180 I've turned!
We celebrated with my friends at King's Biergarten located in Pearland. It was voted the best German food in America and is owned and operated by a couple who uses their authentic families recipes.
The food was fabulous!!! This German girl was definitely impressed! The music and atmosphere just added to the night. But best of all, spending it with friends and family was priceless!


No comments: